Monday, August 22, 2016

Power-washed



Today's blog post is contributed by Denise Friedman:
Recently I have been working on staining my deck.  The first part of this process involved power washing to remove all the dirt, mold, and previous stain.  This is a tedious process.  As I was using the power washer, I felt God say to me, “This power washer removes everything out of the wood, which is what happens when people give their lives to me.  Their sins are all removed, never to be seen in my eyes, just as if it never happened.”

No matter how deep, how large, or how long that stain was in the wood, the power washer is able to take it out, just as Jesus’ blood washes away all our sins.  All our sins.  Not just the ones that happened recently.  Not just the “minor” sins.  All our sins.  There is no sin which is “set” and cannot be removed by the blood of Jesus.

Maybe you have been waiting to try to get that stain of your past cleaned.  Today is a great day to do some Power Washing!

And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Hebrews 10:10

No comments: