Friday, August 26, 2016

Always Before Me – Part II

Today's blog post is contributed by David Trotta:



Yesterday we looked how important it is to always have a keen awareness of our sin (Psalm 51:3) so we can understand and appreciate the incredible cost God paid to redeem us.

Today we ae going to look at what needs to be set before us to remain strong and have victory over sin.

Psalm 16:8 says “I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.”

In the above verse the word “set” implies an action. When something is set before you, it’s directly in your view.  Where ever you look, there it is.

  The psalmist has chosen to set His spiritual eyes and the affections of His heart always on the Lord.  The Lord was preeminent in His thoughts.

I know for me personally, the Lord is not always front and center in my view.  Often times it’s the cares of this world that are the largest objects in my vision.

But I’ve learned there’s only so many things that can be crowded into our view, and to keep the Lord at the forefront, some other things have to be removed.

When our spiritual eyes are fixed firmly on the Lord sin will lose its power and allure and we can boldly say with confidence “I shall not be shaken” no matter what crisis or challenges come our way.

When God’s face is set before us, He becomes magnified and we desire to please Him through our thoughts, words, and actions.

Where is the Lord in your view today?  Is He in your front view or rear view?  Is He far off in the distance or is He close?

Choose today to set the Lord always before you.  When you do, you will not be shaken when the storms and temptations of life come.

No comments: