Monday, January 25, 2016

From Cradle to Grave

“I am convinced and confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will [continue to] perfect and complete it until the day of Christ Jesus [the time of His return].”
Philippians 1:6
 
 
Have you ever met an ‘overnight’ sensation?
Usually they are not you know!
Spiritual maturity is the same.
You don’t just wait 24 hours and voila!
It is a life looooooong process.
Call it cradle to grave if that helps you to picture it.
From the cradle of the new birth to the grave of the physical body
(or Christ’s return if that comes before physical death for any of us).
There is not some ‘magical’ arrival point where we declare to others:
“I’m done! I’ve arrived! God’s work in me is finished!”
Much as we might want it that way.
It takes time to perfect you and me.
How often we have wished for some season or trial in our life to be over but to end it before it has completed what God intended for us is to short circuit the process of spiritual maturity.
But the good news...
...it’s His good work in us.
He gets the glory!
And He knows just what is needed to mature the areas of my life where I am not quite as mature as I need to be.
The same is true of your life.
Will you trust Him with the process?

No comments: