Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A Measuring Stick No Bigger Than a Four Letter Word!


“He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ.”

Colossians 1:28
 
Are you spiritually mature?

“Why, yes I am. Thank you very much.”

How do you know?

“I just do!”

How did you grow? How did you become mature?

“Well, I’ve been saved 40 years!”

So, are you saying spiritual maturity is just a function of time?

“No, there are other things. Every time the church doors are open I am there.”

I see. So the oldest member of the church who never misses a Sunday is the most mature?

“Are you making fun of me? Because if you are, you should know my spiritual maturity won’t allow me to get mad – but I will get even! I don’t like these questions and I am starting not to like you!”

 
Alright – let’s end this fictional conversation.

But let’s not end the pursuit of understanding spiritual maturity.

What is it and what is it not...

The ‘nots’ just might kill a few of your sacred cows!

(or as I like to call them holy moo’s)

Forgive me.

I’ll give you a hint ahead of the next few posts –

Spiritual maturity is best measured by a four letter word...

Tune in tomorrow for more!

No comments: