Monday, August 1, 2011

Mission Accomplished

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

I remember some time ago while in prayer telling the Lord how eager I was to hear the words “Well done, thou good and faithful servant…” and then distinctly sensing God saying to me – “I am also eager to hear some words from you as well.” Of course I asked what those words would be and He responded with – “It is finished!”

Imagine the life that accomplishes God’s plans and purposes for it. Imagine the life that fulfills all the words that He has spoken to you. Certainly, that was the life of Christ as he uttered the words “It is finished” from the cross. While we do not have to suffer and die to redeem mankind we were created by God with purpose and to fulfill His plans for our life.

As the verse from Jeremiah tells us – His plans for us are good.
We each have a specific and personal mission to accomplish. How about this - as you ‘accomplish life’ today make it your mission to accomplish His plans.  It is easy to get overwhelmed with accomplishing the plan of God for our whole life. When we view it as a mission for the rest of our days we can sometimes miss His good plans for us today. Let tomorrow take care of itself and do what He asks you to do today.

No comments: