Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Dare You

I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.
Psalm 52:9

“I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among throngs of people I will praise you.”
Psalm 35:18

What do you suppose next Sunday morning would be like if everyone came to church overflowing with His Spirit and with a mouth filled with praise to God? I am not talking about walking out the door that way – I am talking about coming into the House of God filled up and overflowing, literally spilling over onto others with the presence of God. No need to have someone else ‘put words in your mouth’ of praise but, you, out of the abundance of a heart filled with His love and with a desire to praise and worship Him come in to join the others who likewise are filled and have purposed long before they came into the house to fulfill the words of Psalm 122:1 “I rejoiced with those who said to me, “Let us go into the House of the Lord.” 
Do you suppose God would meet His people there in a special way? I think He would. Not that we haven’t known His presence before in our times of gathering together. But a deliberate, purposeful desire to come filled, come overflowing, come to pour out in lavish praise and worship to Him.
Too often we come to be filled, to be poured into and with something less than gladness in our hearts to be in His house. Come on, don’t pretend; we’ve all been there. He knows even if you’ve fooled others. So let’s do that. Let’s purpose in our hearts that this Sunday we come together for His benefit and not ours. You ask: “How do I benefit God?” – By offering the sacrifice of praise by fulfilling the words of Psalm 34:3 “Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt His name together.”
Don’t make every Sunday about you – make it all about Him!
Make this Sunday His day.
 I dare you!
If you will then you are well on your way to making every day His day.

No comments: