Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Do Not Dwell On The Past


“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”

Isaiah 43:18-19





Have you submitted control of your life to your failures?

Does the past control your present and your future?

Do the mistakes from yesterday define who you

are today and what you will be tomorrow?



When I submit control of my life to anything or anyone other than the Lord Jesus Christ I am bound to fail. This is especially true when I submit control of my life to those past mistakes by wallowing in them and allowing the fear of those past failures to paralyze any usefulness I can be to God. God gives us a future and a hope but too often we live in the past and its’ failures.



Determine today to surrender your past to God and to submit to

His plans for your life both today and in the future.

There is nothing I can change about the past except how I view it.

I choose to see it placed into God’s hands and out of mine.

He is well able to handle my past, my present and my future but He can only do this when I surrender and submit to Him.

This is not a once-for-all-time submission but it is

a moment-by-moment-as-I-live-my-life submission!

“And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.”

I John 4:16



Yesterday we took a look at, what is for most of us, a very unpopular word.

That word was submission.

Yes, even in the church it is a word and a lifestyle we often shun.

As it was once said:

“By God’s design, life is a continual source of submission.”
We need only to take a walk through our own life experiences to realize t

No comments: