Friday, April 14, 2017

Can you see where you are going?



Today’s blog post is contributed by David Trotta:

"I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life." (John 8:12)

The other night I stubbed my toe because I foolishly walked by the lamp in my living room and didn’t turn it on.  Instead, I rationalized that I didn’t need the light because I was familiar with the path I was walking next to the couch and I knew it was free of any obstacles.

Wrong!  My wife was vacuuming earlier in the day and she did not put the cleaner away when she was done.  The result?  One painful little toe!

Sometimes we try to live our lives without letting Jesus lead the way.  Instead, we follow our own way because we think we know where we are going, but in our shortsightedness, we miss the traps that lie in the path ahead of us.

How do we follow Jesus?  By continually acknowledging Him.  Acknowledging His lordship, acknowledging our reliance upon Him, acknowledging our desire for Him to lead us every step of the way.

In Proverbs 3:6, the Amplified bible tells us In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him,
and He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way].”

Only the Light of the world (Jesus) can provide safe passage through life.  Apart from Him, we walk in darkness.

No comments: