Monday, September 27, 2021

A Tree Loaded with Provision

 Note: I had taken some time away from the blog but with this posting am returning. While I cannot guarantee there will be a new post every day I do hope that when they are posted they prove to bless, encourage and challenge you in your walk with the Lord - Stephen 


“Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin.

Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith!”

Luke 12:27-28

 


As I sit at my laptop writing this post I can look out my window to a beautiful and bountiful Mountain Ash tree.

Yes, with the late September days it is beginning to lose its’ leaves but that reveals how laden the branches are with berries.

Berries that will be provision over the cold winter months of Western New York for those bids that do not migrate south.  

What a wonderful reminder that is that even in the coldest, and darkest seasons of our lives God provides for our needs.

He reminds us through the simplest things sometimes that He is faithful always.

I am grateful for that reminder.

How about you?

Sure, it is much easier to focus on lack or fear of lack but how about instead we turn our attention to the goodness and faithfulness of our God.

Take some time today to recall the goodness and the blessing of God in times past in your life and trust Him for the future.

He does not change.

He was faithful then, He is faithful now and He will be faithful in the days ahead; 

no matter what they hold!

 

 

 

No comments: