Wednesday, September 29, 2021

A-L-L

 

“The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.”

Matthew 15:25


Let me ask you a question.

As a disciple of Jesus Christ what compartment of your life need not yield to His Lordship?

Finances? Relationships? Family? Future Plans? Career?

Of course the list could go on and on.

And the obvious answer is that all parts of our lives need to come under His Lordship.  

But perhaps there are a couple of areas you are struggling to surrender right now.

Here’s the good news:

God meets us where we are.

Each of us is a work in progress.

Yes, I know that you’ve heard those words before but they apply to His Lordship as well.

For example, I did not surrender my life to Him one moment and beginning tithing the next.

He did not banish me form His presence because of that!

The Holy Spirit works in each of our lives bringing us closer in surrender to the Lord throughout our days.

I am not fully surrendered to His Lordship 100% and I suspect neither are you.  

But we used to pray –

Lord: Make me willing to be made willing.

I think that is an honest request and I believe God honors it.

So let me challenge you with this –

Are you willing to be made willing to surrender ALL to Him as Lord?

Something to consider!

No comments: