Wednesday, February 10, 2021

What is Your Bottom Line with God?

 

“So then it was not you who sent me here, but God. He made me father to Pharaoh, lord of his entire household and ruler of all Egypt.”

Psalm 27:14

 

Joseph had four significant address changes between the time he received a word from the LORD (through two dreams) and the fulfillment of that word several years later.

Joseph moved from the pit, to Potiphar’s house to the prison and finally to the palace.

When he spoke, in the verse noted above, to his brothers it was

with the understanding of how he got where he did.

Let me ask you something.

What significant changes have you experienced since

God spoke to you about His plans for your life?

Has your address changed?

How about your career?

Has ‘life in general’ thrown some curve balls at you?

Are you today where you expected to be when God first spoke to you?

I wonder how many times Joseph asked God if he was where he was supposed to be?

I wonder how often he questioned his circumstances.

Was the pit to become his grave; or maybe the prison?

Even Jesus, in the Garden of Gethsemane, asked His Father if there was a different course that could be followed.

We read in Mark 14:36 “Abba, Father, he said, everything is possible for you.

Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”

In today’s vernacular, Jesus made a “bottom line” statement.

Ultimately, he said “…not what I will, but what you will.”

Wherever you are today, whatever has taken place in your life from the time God has spoken to you to this day, make this your bottom line statement to Him:

“Yet not what I will, but what you will.”

No comments: