Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Setting Aside the Good Things

 




What would cause you to set aside something good in your life?

Suppose you had the ability to know your future?

Would that modify some of your actions today?

Would it cause you to lay aside something good to take up the best?

What if I could show you in God’s word that it is possible?

“How”, you say!

I’m glad you asked.

Here it is:

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Jeremiah 29:11

 

Sure, you know that verse but have you ever stopped and really considered that the God of the Universe, the God of all Creation, the one who created you has good plans for your future.

Gods’ plans beat ours every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

The challenge comes in setting aside the good and trusting God by placing our future in His hands.

The good place we are in is comfortable.

It is familiar.

It is a hard place to leave.

But consider what you are surrendering in light of what you are receiving – His plan for mine.

We used to sing a song:

“I’m trading my sorrows, I’m trading my shame

I’m laying them down for the joy of the Lord.”

 

C’mon- set aside the good things of life and take up the best!

 

No comments: