Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Craving the Word


““Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk,

so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,”

I Peter 2:2





The Bible is both a road map and an instruction manual for life.

It was written by men under the inspiration of our Creator.

If I had a question on an Apple iPhone, who would I ask?

The geniuses at the Apple store!

How much more, then, if I have questions on life and purpose would I go to my Creator and to His Words to me?

That alone is a very good reason to study the Word.  

That word ‘crave’ in the verse above is interesting.

It means to want greatly or to yearn for.

The Word of God is more than just a passing fancy or the occasional diversion.

Have you ever wanted something greatly?

How easily were you dissuaded?

Probably it was a constant focus of your attention and devotion.

Is that what the Word of God is to you?

Or do you simply squeeze in reading a chapter when you have nothing else to do.

Dig into His Word.

Spend more than a few moments.

Study, memorize and meditate.

It will pay enormous dividends in your spiritual life. 




No comments: