Monday, October 8, 2018

Unfailing


“My flesh and my heart may fail,

but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

 Psalm 73:26





Have you ever failed?

Of course you have.

Me too!

And, unfortunately it’s not like the clock has to be turned back too far for that failure in my life.

So often it is measured in seconds or minutes rather than hours, days or months.  

We are all less than perfect.

But God NEVER fails.

Turn the clock back eternally and there still is no evidence of God failing.

That is why David could acknowledge God as his strength and his portion.

Because we fail we have a hard time understanding how we could say of anyone that they never fail.

But our failure to acknowledge or understand does not change the truth of it.

God is unfailing in His love for you too.

Despite the stumbles, the falls, the reversals and rebellions, His love for us does not change.

What a comfort that is to me, even as it was to King David.

Let’s exalt the unfailing love of God rather than magnifying our own failures.

As you do, know that He will strengthen you and lift you up.

GOD NEVER FAILS!

(Forgive my shouting, but it’s true)


No comments: