Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A More Excellent Way


“Now to Him who is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly more than all that we dare ask or think [infinitely beyond our greatest prayers, hopes, or dreams], according to His power that is at work within us,

Ephesians 3:20 (Amplified)





Previously, we looked at how our philosophy shapes us.

What is the common philosophy of the world?

At its foundation are facts based solely on science.

If you can’t prove it, it doesn’t exist.

That, of course, leaves no room for the divine, the supernatural or miracles.

The focus of the worldly philosophy is a self-centered view of existence.

Me first, me last and me always.

It is easy to see how that is contrary to what Jesus taught and lived.

It is also easy to see how futile that philosophy will be in solving problems.

The worldly philosophy is motivated by the belief that my life is mine to do with as I want.

No one can tell me otherwise!

That leads to a goal of living my life to please me – it little matters what others want or need.

Don’t agree with my goals?

Then I’ll divorce you, quit the job or break the law,

whatever works for me!

Does any of this sound familiar?

It probably does because it is being lived out by most every day.

There is a better way – or – as the Bible puts it “...a more excellent way.”

Let’s take a look with our next visit together.


No comments: