Friday, July 20, 2018

Proud to Proclaim




Today’s blog post is contributed by David Trotta:

It’s news I’m most proud to proclaim, this extraordinary Message of God’s powerful plan to rescue everyone who trusts him, starting with Jews and then right on to everyone else! (Romans 1:16 – MSG)

What news are you most proud to proclaim?

As a parent and grandparent, I can talk for hours about my children and grandchildren.  I love to brag about how smart or successful they are.  Sometimes it’s hard for me to contain my excitement.  I want to tell anyone who will listen.

Do I share the same enthusiasm when it comes to talking about Jesus and His extraordinary message?  Not so much.

Why is that?  Am I worried about what people may think?  Am I afraid of sounding too radical for our present day culture in America?

What about you?  What news are you most proud to proclaim?  When you are in conversations with others, what’s the first thing you want to talk about?

For the apostle Paul, he was most proud to talk about His Jesus, the person who radically changed the course of His life.

I can’t imagine sitting with the apostle Paul very long without the topic of Jesus coming up.  Yet, how long can we carry on a conversation without a thought of Jesus even entering our mind?

It can be easy to fall into the trap of thinking the gospel has lost some of its relevancy based on what we are bombarded with every day from our current world culture, but a restored relationship with Father God through Jesus is still the ONLY solution to our broken society.

We can try and change the wrapping to make it look more appealing to the world, but when all is said and done, it’s still about God’s extraordinary message of love to a world that needs to be rescued.

Like the apostle Paul, may we always feel an immense sense of pride for what our Savior did and always willing to proclaim His message of hope that is just as relevant today as it was 2000 years ago.

No comments: