Thursday, May 27, 2021

Poured Out

 

“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down,

shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap.

For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

Luke 6:38 


  

Here is a bit of an ironic statement to consider…

As you pour into others, you will find yourself being filled up.

Now, on the surface that statement seems untrue.

After all if I empty myself in serving others how can I be filled up?

Do you want to know the secret?

It is by not taking a willy-nilly, shotgun approach in serving others.

We are to serve by following the promptings and leadings of the Holy Spirit.

I suppose some history book somewhere can tell me what the population of the earth was when Jesus walked on it; but you probably could agree that He personally ministered to a small percentage of that population. 

And we certainly cannot argue over the impact He had on those He ministered to!

You and I may not be able to personally minister to the billions on planet Earth today.

But I can and should minister to those the Holy Spirit causes to cross my path.

As I do, I find myself almost simultaneously being emptied and being filled.

As you and I obediently and faithfully pour out to others God abundantly and lavishly pours back into us.

The comfort you gave another today is returned to you as joy.

Perhaps the wisdom you shared with a confused individual so desperate to hear from God comes back to you in the form of an answer you have been waiting on God for.

Maybe you poured yourself into someone else today just by offering a listening ear and discovered patience extended to you from your boss the likes of which you had never seen before from him.

You simply cannot out give God.

He overtakes you with blessings beyond your greatest expectations.

Have you been feeling a bit empty lately?

Maybe it’s time to begin pouring into others!

No comments: