Monday, April 13, 2020

God is My Co-Pilot - NOT!


“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,”

Ephesians 3:20







God is my co-pilot was a common refrain a few years back.

It was even a popular bumper sticker.

It had its origin in a book and a movie way back in the 1940’s.

While the sentiment may be well meaning, let’s not stop at asking God to be the co-pilot.

I am reminded of a popular song a few years back sung by Carrie Underwood and titled – Jesus Take the Wheel.

I would suggest to you that is the better choice.

One says – I’ll let you sit near me but I am the pilot of my life.

The other says – Lord, I trust you completely – take control of my life.

You see – God doesn’t ask for a percentage of your heart or your devotion.

He does not say – Let me have 51%.

He asks for it all!

Why?

Because His plans for you are far, far greater than any you may aspire to on your own.

God has greater plans for your life than you can imagine.

Let God of the wheel and surrender control to Him.

Does doing this demand faith?

Absolutely!

But the reward of trusting God with all of your life is immeasurably greater!



If you would like to listen – below is a link to the Carrie Underwood song -






 

No comments: