Friday, June 22, 2018

How do I fight my battles?


Today’s blog post is contributed by David Trotta:



As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people, from this time forth and forevermore.  (Psalm 125:2)

Our worship team sang this new song on Sunday that I can’t seem to shake.  It is a short song and the words are very simple.  It goes like this…

“This is how I fight my battles.

It may look like I’m surrounded, but I’m surrounded by you.”

Such a simple song, but very powerful words.

Life can get tough.  It can feel like there is trouble at every turn.  But, be encouraged!

No matter what’s surrounding you, just remember that you’re surrounded by God and nothing can get past Him.  His wall of protection is impenetrable.

History tells us, when at the front lines of a war, the King was always surrounded by a small army comprising of his best soldiers whose sole purpose was to protect him.

I’m sure the king found great comfort in knowing he was surrounded by men that would give up their life to keep him from harm.  He probably even felt a little bit invincible.

With God surrounding you, you ARE invincible.  Nothing, and I mean nothing, can touch you without His permission.  He has to deliberately lift His gate of protection to allow something to pass and He will only do that for your benefit - to refine you, to set you free, to grow you spiritually.

So, how do you fight your battles?

Rest in that fact that no matter what, God’s got your back (and front and sides) and whatever is allowed to pass His wall of protection is ALWAYS for your best and by His design.

No comments: