Wednesday, April 16, 2014

How Would That Change You?

“But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death,
because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.”
Acts 2:24
 
“By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just,
for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.”
John 5:30
 
Combining the two scriptures above is very revealing when our topic is ‘containment’.
There was only one thing in Jesus’ life that ‘contained’ Him.
His one desire was to do the will of His Father.
Death couldn’t hold Him.
Cultural differences didn’t stop Him.
Unbelief and what other people thought of Him were never impediments to Him.
Can we say the same?
The enemy met Him in the wilderness with one goal – stop this ‘One Anointed’ of the Father.
He knew that if Jesus was allowed to ‘do and teach’ the Kingdom of God then his kingdom of darkness was in big trouble.
If the devil ever trembled, it was at that thought.
What does the thought of you ‘uncontained’ by his strategies cause the devil to do?
Does he tremble at that thought?
He should.
Jesus spoke of His followers, empowered by the Holy Spirit, doing greater works than He did while on the earth.
That reveals the picture of a church not held back by the constraints of worldliness or the strategies of the evil one.
Imagine living a life where the only restraint you knew was pleasing the Lord.
Think about that today.
How would that change how you spent your time?
How would that change where you went?
How would that change you?
 
 
 
 

No comments: