Tuesday, January 14, 2014

You’ll Never Outlive His Faithfulness!

“Even to your old age and gray hairs
    I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
    I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”
Isaiah 46:4
 
Forty years ago the verse above had less impact on me than it does today.
Today’s blog is an encouragement for all those, like me, who are approaching ‘old age’ and cannot deny the grey hairs that come with it.
Maybe you know me and are thinking “Well, he’s not old!”
Sure, I’m a ‘spring chicken’ compared to my 92 year old mother-in-law.
My point, though, is this: I have put (by the grace of God) nearly 4 decades between my commitment to Christ and today and I have only known God to be completely faithful.  
David expressed it this way in Psalm 37:5 –
“I was young and now I am old,
    yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
    or their children begging bread.”
Whether your hair is jet black, golden blonde or ‘salt and pepper’ gray
in each stage of life – God remains faithful.
In each stage of life God sustains us.
In each and every stage of life He will carry and rescue you!
You will never outlive your need of Him and you certainly will never outlive His faithfulness.
Are you in a season of your life when you need God to carry you?
He will.
He loves you when you are young and strong.
He loves you when you are old and frail.
If you look in the mirror and see some gray, instead of complaining, thank God for all the years He has shown Himself faithful to you.
Bless Him in your youth and bless Him in your old age!

No comments: